Find the right oils
CVTF Type SB2
Idemitsu CVTF Type SB2 is specifically formulated to meet and/or exceed the latest performance and protection requirements of continuously variable transmissions in Subaru vehicles. Idemitsu CVTF Type SB2 is recommended for use where CVTF II is specified.
This advanced additive technology formulation provides superior performance in Lineartronic chain and pulley transmissions. Idemitsu CVTF Type SB2 is precisely engineered to ensure:
- Outstanding anti-shudder performance and smooth shifting
- Excellent resistance to oxidation and thermal breakdown, providing longer fluid life
- Optimal fuel efficiency by maximizing torque and horsepower
- Superior cleanliness against sludge and varnish ensuring the transmission stays clean and functions effectively
- Excellent seal compatibility and conditioning to reduce risk of fluid leaks from seal shrinkage, hardening and/or cracking
Click the button below for product availability and purchase Idemitsu products from our distribution partners.
|Characteristics||Units||Test Method||Typical Value|
|Density @ 15°C||g/cm3||ASTM D4052||0.85|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C||cSt||ASTM D445||7.1|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C||cSt||ASTM D445||30.9|
|Brookfield Viscosity @ -40°C||mPa.s||ASTM D2270||8900|
|Foam, Seq I @ 24°C||ml-ml||ASTM D892||0-0|
|Foam, Seq II @ 93.5°C||ml-ml||ASTM D892||10-0|
|Foam, Seq III @ 24°C||ml-ml||ASTM D892||0-0|
Specifications & Approvals
Idemitsu CVTF Type SB2 is designed to meet and/or exceed the specific performance requirements of the latest generation of continuously variable transmissions where CVTF II
CVT fluid is specified.