Find the right oils
Idemitsu Pro Racing 5W‑40
Idemitsu Pro Racing 5W-40 is engineered to deliver the ultimate in horsepower and torque without compromising wear protection for modern racing engines. The advanced base oil formulation, with its “high-performance additive” [HPA] technology, helps racing engines operate smoothly in the most challenging racing conditions while maintaining high protection standards.
- Contains precisely controlled molybdenum agents to reduce friction to generate more horsepower and torque for racing engines
- Allows for improved sealing of the combustion chamber, generating significantly greater power
- Extends the life of turbochargers by reducing bearing coking
- Minimizes exhaust port clogging
- Superior shear stability allows for optimal lubrication film thickness between metal surfaces under severe race conditions
- Exceptional wear protection helps protect main bearing and eccentric shaft – a critical component in racing engines
Click the button below for product availability and purchase Idemitsu products from our distribution partners.
|Characteristics||Units||Test Method||Typical Value|
|Density @ 15°C||g/cm3||ASTM D4052||0.850|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C||mm2/s||ASTM D445||80.5|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C||mm2/s||ASTM D445||13.3|
|Viscosity Index||-||ASTM D445||167|
|MRV Viscosity @ -35°C||mPa-s||ASTM D4684||19000|
|HTHS Viscosity @ 150°C||mPa-s||ASTM D4683||4.0|
|CCS Viscosity @ -30°C||mPa-s||ASTM D5293||4600|
|NOACK Volatility||% wt Loss||ASTM D5800||8.5|
Specifications & Approvals
Idemitsu Racing 5W-40 meets the performance requirements of:
- Japanese Race Cars
- Wankel Rotary Engines
Fully compatible for use in turbocharged and supercharged applications where 5W-40 is specified by manufacturer.
Always fill crankcase to manufacturer’s recommended level.